Two More Donations

Though online sales of Mark on the Body have come to a stop, I continue to be surprised by the generosity of friends, family and complete strangers!

In January, a customer at The Crafty Lady in Lacombe -- the shop where I work part-time -- bought a book.  In February, another customer paid for a book but didn't take one -- concerned that is would frighten her 12-year-old, who has Type 1 Diabetes.  Both sales occurred when I was away from the shop, though, so I never got to speak to the donors in person.

In February as well, I heard from an old friend in Ontario and a cousin in my husband's family in B.C....and both purchased books as well as made donations well over and above the purchase price.  I was both touched and thrilled!

It means that today I was able to put in the mail cheques for $81.67 to each of the JDRF Canada and Diabetes Canada (formerly Canadian Diabetes Association) local offices!  This brings total funds raise thus far to $619.34!

I continue to be able to speak about the Project to people who come into the shop and see the book on display...and the Mary C. Moore Library in Lacombe continues to offer it for sale as well.  I am hoping to have copies available for purchase should I be juried into the Lacombe Art Show and Sale in April...

Meanwhile, I am preparing a 'trunk show' and talk about my work for a quilt guild in Camrose in April, which will include the Project, and I am preparing an application for the Southern Alberta Art Gallery in Lethbridge...

So we shall see what we shall see.  Meanwhile, I will continue to do what artists do...and what those who live with T1D do every day: put one foot in front of the other!

Till next time...



                          ..........................with a smile, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment